If you’ve just graduated from college and now need a new car GM has a deal for you. GM is offering students that are both in college and recently graduated up to $5,000 off the list price of some GM cars and trucks. To get this discount take the following steps:
- The first step you have to take is visit http://www.gmcollegediscount.com and register on the site.
- You will then be given an authorization number
- Take your authorization number to a local GM dealership and you will be entitled to a predetermined supplier price that is much lower than the MSRP most people will pay.
As an example of a supplier price and student discount offer you can get the 2010 Chevy Avalanche has a $5,000 discount for students and that’s on top of the preferred pricing so your total discount is $7,714.71! Granted, it’s a pricey truck to begin with as it has an MSRP of $49,815, but it’s at least an example of the kind of savings you can get.
More realistically the discounts tend to amount to $1,000 or so for the types of mid-size cars a student might be interested in buying. GM carries the following brands under its umbrella:
It’s pretty likely student shoppers will be looking at the Chevrolet brand of cars as they’re most affordable. The Chevrolet Cobalt, Aveo or Malibu might be good car choices that you can get a discount in the several hundreds to a thousand dollars on. To check out the full Chevrolet lineup just visit the following site: http://www.chevrolet.com/model-lineup/
To qualify for the GM college discount you just need to be a college student at any two or four year school or a recent graduate who has graduated less than two years ago. Current nursing school and graduate students are also eligible. To qualify for the discount you will need to produce evidence of enrollment in an associate, undergraduate, nursing or grad degree program or show a diploma that’s less than two years old.
Eligible participants include college students (from any two- or four-year school), recent graduates who have graduated no more than two years ago, and current nursing school and graduate students. An eligible customer must produce one of the following:
- Evidence of enrollment in an associate, undergraduate, nursing or graduate degree program.
- A diploma dated no more than two years before the vehicle purchase or lease, from a four-year bachelor’s degree, a registered nursing degree, a two-year associate’s degree or a graduate degree program.
While this discount is for U.S. students there is also a GM Student discount for Canadian students that has slightly different discounts and terms, just visit the following site to find out more about the Canadian GM college discount: http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/corporate/offers/student-bonus-program/overview